When I entered this space a man at the doorway looked at my id and told me to take off my bag to make some room. The space was full of other people, some sitting in benches that faced each other on the side wall and other that sat forward towards the man looking out the big windows at the entrance.
I squeezed my way down the very narrow walkway as the smells of perfume, deodorant and other smells of the many people in this space co-mingled with each other. As we became as tight as we could, the man at the front closed the doors and the space began to move.
As we moved some would pull on a string that would 'ding' and cause the words "Stop Requested" to light up in red. At these time the man up front would soon stop and open the doors to let those people out. As people left, more would sometimes enter. This would either fill up the space, or empty it to the point where I could then sit in one of the benches.
Soon it became my turn to pull the string. When the man stopped the space, I thanked him before leaving the space to go out side.
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment