I've been thinking a bit on my bio choice.
I thought a lot about who has influenced me in my life and who I would want to think like while creating an item. When I was younger, and well into my early college years, I wanted to be an animator because of how much I loved cartoons. The characters and stories had a huge impact on me which I still carry with me today. Especially the works of Walt Disney Studios and Hayao Miyazaki. This got me thinking of one character/story in specific that these influential people or studios created versions of... and that was Hans Christian Andersen's story of "The Little Mermaid". (Walt Disney's 'The Little Mermaid' & Hayao Miyazaki's 'Ponyo')
I would like to think through my project as the main character of "The Little Mermaid." (Ariel/Ponyo/or whatever her name really was in the story)
I will do some more research of the real story and study the differences and similarities of this character in the different story and try to pull forth something to guide the choices I will make going forward.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment