Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Yes, I have missed quite a few posts... : (

I have never kept a journal let alone an online one. It does seem a bit easier to keep a sketchbook off line rather then on line. Then again I never was really good at that either, at least not recently.

Here are few things I missed while regretfully and stupidly forgetful about a class and its assignments. (which I promised myself I wouldn't this year... *shakes head* shame on me)

1) One of my Whiteread ideas was trying to do the inside of a bus. She would have to do some work to get rid of all the undercuts that the bus will have and most likely have to pour it from the top in order to make it work. Then I was thinking she should put it on wheals.

2)Another Whiteread idea I had was doing a mold of a lava lamp... and instead of leaving it white, mix in some groovy colors. Not sure if that would take away from the piece or not, but I love colors and hate white. I tried to ad some color too the bear mold I did which added a little to the disturbing factor of the piece.

3)This was the pic of the installation that I accidentally sent to Nick. (my professor) *waves hand at Nick who is reading this*
I actually didn't realize that we were strictly having to post these on our blogs. This means that I'm seriously behind. *smacks head* Hopefully I can some how remedy that as well.

4) Seeing as a was sick on Tuesday, I'm hoping that I have not missed too much on what went on in Sculpture Class. My goal was to not miss a day of class and I ended up breaking it for half a day... sorta. (Had to get better to take my lab Mid-term... which I think I did horrid on).
Anywho, to get back on topic, this Bullshit/Narative assignment got me about my sister and how she is going to WSU to become a history Teacher. She works at the Children's Center as a volunteer. I think that a nice narrative would be the different angles of story time. There could be cameras (hidden or not necessarily noticed) focused on 1) the children as the reader sees them 2) the reader as the children sees him/her 3) the book that is being read 4) the reader and the children from an outsiders point of view and 5) the out-outsiders, who are either close by but are not listening to the story, or are not even in the same room or building doing different things. I'm sure that if one were to play all those windows at once in some sort of fashion, the viewer would start making connections through those different people with the help of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment