Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Inception

By the end of the movie Inception I felt like my brain had gone on a strange sort of work out in order to try and rap my head around what was happening in the movie.
I have heard people think that the main character gets back to the real life and lives happily ever after because his totem wobbles at the end.
However I believe that he is still in that dream world.
If you notice that when he spins his top he walks away from it almost in a sence forgetting about it as he reunites with his kids... just like what his wife did to that same totem top. Even though the top wobbles, it is still spinning by the end of the last frame.
I guess, in a sense, I agree with my class mate who said that it was actually his wife's dream he was in. I mean it could be possible that some of his wife's dream is still in his dream and thus ended up being both two parts of a whole. However, I believe that he actually was able to let go of his wife and by doing so made his dream more real. Real enough to the point where he forgets about his totem.

No comments:

Post a Comment