So for my project I set out to make a scepter. This scepter idea came from all the anime shows I had watched when I was a kid. The heroines in these shows had wands or scepters of power that were the physical representations of the power of love, friendship and protecting those you care about (as well as other "ideals" of that nature). When I was a child I was naive and romanticized about these notions to the point that I had certain expectations of how things like love or friendship should be like. I also considered myself, at the time, religious and felt that I was on a sure path that I would likely stay on for the rest of my life.
However, as we grow some of us tend to figure out the hard way of what people have labeled "real life" and how it can sometimes take people down a peg or two.
I was thinking that I would place my finished scepter somewhere in a lit room (have not decided where yet). As one will look at the scepter (which will be standing on a small platform) they will hopefully see that strings are attached to it which drape down to that floor and leaded off into a darker room.
In this place one will see a dark figure with an open box. There are strings that are attached to the contents of the box (which in my mind are taking the form of sealed/rolled pieces of paper) and are all tied off on the figure's chest.
One by one the figure will cut the strings, open the paper, read and either throw it away or cross something out/make changes before tying the paper back on to the strings. There will be moments when the figure will want to cut the string leading to the scepter but stops herself... knowing that she will have to look at those feelings/ideals that she once treasured and believed in to either throw away or rewrite them. So the figure leaves that until the end.
That's where I am so far... I still need to think up a good way to "end" this narrative and pull this project fully together.
Thursday, November 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment